Wednesday, June 10, 2009

'TEARY EYED'- a tale of missed purse,an auto rikshaw and two funerals


well for starters i kno that my second post was not supposed to be this...but certain events over that past 36 hours have kind of compelled me to go into introspection and write this.....

it was around 10.30 in the morning when i had finally decided with zohran that i would meeting him opposite to our old school sboa at 11..30(which naturally means 12)...so after having a quick bath and finishing my brunch i left my house at 11.20(pretty early by my standards)...i had decided not trouble the bike for a day and thought of paing the public transport a visit which was kinda long due. as soon as i stepped out of my house , i had no idea that i it was the beginning of one of the most gloomiest 36 hours for me..as there is no straight bus to anna nagar frm my place...i caught a share auto and went to cmbt..(central moffusil bus terminus,koyembedu...asia's largest bus terminus)...which happens to be just a stop away from my place. As soon as i reached there, i was in for one rude shock. I realized that i had left my purse in my house itself and all i had was a mere 10 rs.(by this time zohran had already reached the school). so after paying 7 rs to the share auto guy, all i was left with was a mere 3 bucks!! So i decided that in case i get a bus i would catch it orr else walk back home...which would be abt 3 kms and 15 mins.well the bus did come, but then i t crossed me...i made a dash for it...suddenly the usain bolt in me came to the fore and i was as fast the motobike trinh to whiz by me.(lol..)...but then i guess the michael shumacher in the bus driver had arisen and he drove the bus at such a speed that would make even a honda unicorn whizzing at 90 kph feel shy...so..I missed the bus...then was i was walking by, an idea came into my mind that i should catc an auto rickshaw ...go home and then take the same one back to cmbt(with the purse firmly entrenched in my pockets). the total distance would have been 1 km to home(i had already walked a lot) and and 3 kms from there to cmbt...so that means a total distance 4 kms...my reasonble mind told me that the total trip should not cost more than 30 bucks or at most a pricely 40. I waved my hands and made an auto guy stop...i told himwhere i wanted to go...The bloody moronical asshole asked my 70 bucks for the whole trip....i just walked away from that place...then that moron comes again and stops and stats pilfering insults at me....ll the oths devs puls type abuses(tamil equivalent of english biggies)...i still kept walking awa from that place.,...and then he tried to hit me with his hand...i just caught his hand...and then began my rajnikanth style STARE....he just drove away from that place pilfering a few more abuses...i had already lost 5 minutes in that bargain....then after i going home i finally reach home anna nagar.....at a good 12.30...which is almost an hour behind sched...there me and zohran hang out for a while before heading to our usual hangout ..cafe coffee day or ccd...i recieved a call in the meanwhile...and i didnt pick it up...it was from pratyush....i was kinda surprised...coz that guy rarely calls me...so when i tried to return his call ...but his phone was outta range...so i entered ccd thinking it was not an inportant missed call to worry about...after spending about an hour there...me and zohran left or nokia carse so that i could give my phone for service(bledy hell!! gonna cozt me 12oo bucks for repairs)...after which he dropped me in my house...stayed for a while and left ....

it was around 4.30 now and i had to leave for my youth wing...CHINMAYA YUVA KENDRA....i was supposed to attend a meeting with a top management consultant who happend to be a mission member himself...the meeting was regarding the MARH-CHENNAI FAMILY QUIZ.. a quiz where more than 1 LAKH families would be taking part and in the process increase their family harmony...being 1 of the twenty team leaders involved in the whole process...it was kinda interesting meeiting new ppl and honing my skills..(CHYK has taught me a lot in the past few years)....so when i reached the CHINMAYA HERITAGE CENTRE,harrington road,chetpet which happended to be the hub of all chyk activities...i never knew i was in for one of the biggest shocks of my recent past...or should i say 1 of the 2 big shocks i would be facing in the the next few hours...
Sanchita...who happened to be one of the first persons i got to know at chyk...her father had passed away in the morning...this news really took some time to sink in...and its then i realized PRATYUSH's call about 3 hous back must have been regarding this...since i was among the few ppl who stay close to her house ...he would have wanted to inform me the news...shit man...i should have picked up that call...i immediately messaged samyuk and ranit since i was pretty much sure that they would be at sanchita's place as they were pretty close to her and also styed nearby....and conveyed my condolences.....during my scheduled meeting ..i recieved a text from samyuk asking me to come over...so once the meeting got over which was abt 8 in the night i dashed or her place....once i was there...i just wasnt me...i always had this thing in me...i cannot...i just cannot face ppl who have lost there dear ones...call it cowardice..or i may say that its coz that i feel for them a lot and share their pain...so i asked samyuk to come out and take me in...once in side..i just couldn take the scene over there...i really wanted to burst out crying ut then the tears just managed not to trickel dow....sanchita was there...i couldn go and speak to her...i just nodded my head on seeing her and bowed down...i guess ya...this is cowardice...then i went on to meet m other fiends who already been there...rinky pooja and samarpana were the others who hadbeen there apart from ranit and samyuk...we just stayed the night there trying to cheer up sanchita in the process...and i on my part had begun the introspection...we had recently staged a play called DEATH. we showed tht a person dies when he has to and nothing can change it. and that FUNERAL was REAL FUN....where a soul meets eternity after fulfilling its purpose of living in the world...and in case its vasanas ...its strong desires had not been completed...it takes a rebirth...as someone else...somewhere else....but then were we able to apply thqat logic here practically...i dint kno the answer...i could see ppl crying...i could share their pain..infacts tear are trickling down my ears as i rite this....old women coming down and sharing thier grief...uncles standing by...trying to control their emotions....and whenver a phone call came... sanchita would again burst into tears..this was really a bit too much too handle for the poor gurl...she had alway been a stong gurl...she had pretty strong views...ad to see her breaking down made me cry too...but then i quicklywiped them off before any1 seeing it....in the morning...at around 5...we never knew that we would one more shock in store for us...vivek anna..who was ram anna's brother(both highly acive menbers of chyk)...had passed away in the nite...due to a massive heart attack...he was just 29...this shock was kinda tuf to handle for sanchita and pooja..who were pretty close to vivek anna...sanchita couldn take it...we couldn take it....2 shocks in a single day.. y te hell did this have to happen...why did god have 2 good souls away from us!?...we decided that once the rituals were over at sanchita's place...we would move straight to vivek anna's place...it was really a bit hard for sanchita and pooja...i felt like crying...wished god could reverse time..god...god...y did u have to be so rude.....y god ...y?

once the rituals were over at her place...we moved on to chetpet...vivek anna's place...every1 includin shankar...who came down from bengaluru...went over...even there...i couldn go and talk to ram anna...his eyes were dreary...his younger brother had passed away...i had always considered ram anna as the epitome of manhood...and the way he handled all the visiting ppl mesmerized me...its just that...i couldn go and talk to him...just the head nodding again...samarpana ranit and samyuk were consoling pooja who was really hurt....meanwhile i met the other chyks who had been here since the morning....again i was introspecting death .....i wish i could really share what i concluded....but i guess they just dont translate into words...maybe 1 has to experience the pain himself and observe...on a personal note...i really liked vivek anna a lot...during one of our trips(which happens to be my only 1 till now...courtesy exams)...he had shoed that wondeful camera of his...and he was really gr8 at taking pics....and he was real fun to be around...it was aroun 3.15 when swamiji (our youth wing head) finally arrived...he had flew down all the way from pune once he heard the news of these deaths...when he me ram anna and hugged him tight...........something happened which i never thought would...the man had broken, down...he was crying...his loud roars of unhappiness and helplessness at the loss of younger brother filled the air....i just couldn take it...and i for the first time in 24 hours...fianlly broke down....and i started crying..i couldn see ram anna crying like that..i will nver forget that scene in my life ever....i took me abt 5 to 10 mins to get back and help the ppl with proceedings....one they had taken the body away for cremation....we decided that we would leave our homes...and decide for the later ...later....
midway to my journey home(a good 24 hrs plus since i left it)...my tank beacame empty....and i pushed it for abt 2.5-3 kms before reaching the pump..all the way dfrom ANNA ARCH to the KOYEMBEDU junction...and i finally reached home at abt 5 in the evening...

I WILL NEVER FORGET THE PAST 36 HOURS OF MY LIFE....


P.S...it is said BUDDIHSM celebraTes death...i am planning to research a bit on it....


ALL NAMES WRITTEN HERE ARE NOT CORRECT AND HAVE BEEN CHANGED....
Adsesnse

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like you to give the right names.. That is your right way of showing them respect.

the confused indian!! on June 12, 2009 at 5:24 AM said...

i dunno..i felt...this would protect their privacy...and allow them their space...

Unknown on July 1, 2009 at 3:49 AM said...

If ur mind had attained a state of equanimity ,u would not hv undergone this much of pain...

the confused indian!! on July 1, 2009 at 10:34 AM said...

well...its easier said than done...this pain has infact made me strong....

MY blog is NeTwOrKeD!!!;)

Add to Technorati Favorites

Followers

Advertisement

 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved | Revolution Lifestyle Blogger template | Original Wordpress theme by Brian Gardner