Tuesday, June 25, 2013

THE PURPOSE OF LIFE-Being Semi Good to becoming Good ?



We are born into this world. We bring smiles to the ones around and we begin our life. Approximatly 4 humans are born every second. They all live and they all die. That’s the rule of nature. So what is the purpose of the 70 odd heart beats we take every second in this timespan between our birth and death. There has to be a reason right!? We humans have an extra sense and I suppose we are here not just for survival and reproduction. So what would be the reason. What would be that purpose? The main purpose would be to find that purpose itself!!! Its not given to us on a platter is it? It would have been great if it was like… “Kapil : Purpose assigned : Astronaut” But unfortunately that isn’t the case. We just have to go about finding it . And this is an experience in itself. Its been almost 22 years since my inception and I for one still haven’t found my purpose yet. So what has happened till now! It has been the case of being termed as ‘semi-good’. They say its bad to be called ‘the jack of all trades and the master of none’ What’s worse!? ‘when you are neither the jack and neither the master… you are somewhere in between’ Everything you try seems to be the ‘it’ thing for you, but somewhere down the line there are a couple of things that may happen. You either feel like it aint your cup of tea or inspite of you trying your best you don’t get the desired results. I initially felt that I could be good at anything that I set my mind upon. I thought I could be a good orator until I found people who were much much better than me . I thought I could become an astronaut until I realized that engineering didn’t really interest me. I thought I could become an actor until I faced reality. I wanted to be a director until I found out that the time is not right now. I thought I could become a serial competition winner right from my ug days when I realized that always my luck used to get me to the n+1th position when only n position were awarded.( This is true… trust me). I thought…. Until….. yes this has been the case until now. And right now am doing my MBA. Is becoming a global biz whiz my ‘it’ thing!? I don’t know and right now I really don’t care. I have realized the fact that the day I become ‘good’ in something I try from being ‘Semi-Good’; I would have found the purpose of my life. Is being good about getting the desired results!? I guess yes that would be the case. Otherwise why would I feel ‘Semi-Good’. You are better than the rest but not better than the best. Or is it about your passion and happiness!? Passion is defined by what you like. Happiness!? What is that linked to!? Results!? I guess if it is really your passion results will automatically follow. With failures, a person can be bogged down, but then…. There is always light at the end of the tunnel. The day I personally feel that I am good at something and I can conquer the world with it… that day I would finished the task assigned to me…. Finding the purpose of my life and going about it.
Adsesnse

0 comments:

MY blog is NeTwOrKeD!!!;)

Add to Technorati Favorites

Followers

Advertisement

 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved | Revolution Lifestyle Blogger template | Original Wordpress theme by Brian Gardner